This is the Acland Street frontage of the Acland Court Pharmacy. It is a 1938 former G J Coles & Co store designed by architect Harry A Norris.
It is part of the St Kilda Market Complex which is cited in the City of Port Phillip Heritage Review as a Significant heritage building.
The doorways are interesting because they have an Art Deco pattern in the terrazzo entrances. Unfortunately they are not looking there best and, in fact, it is rare to see them because they are usually covered by large mats. It would be lovely to see them cleaned up and put on show a bit more often.
City of Port Phillip Heritage Review, August 2000