The Hotel Monico was opened in 1938 as a luxury hotel for British holiday-makers.
Local businessman, Mr. A H Beaumont had it built next to his amusement park, The Casino. The Casino has now been demolished but the Monico still remains.
The hotel is located on a major street corner near the seafront to the Thames Estuary. The main structure is semi-circular with small towers at each end.
www.canveyisland.org.uk has many clippings and photo relating to both the Monico and the Casino courtesy of the Swann Family who worked at both establishments.