Saturday, September 5, 2009

Arnos Grove Tube Station, London

Arnos Grove Tube Station, LondonYesterday I wrote about Southgate Tube Station being upgraded from Grade II heritage listing to Grade II* joining neighbouring station Arnos Vale as the only two tube stations with that level of listing. So I thought it was only appropriate that today I write about Arnos Grove.

Like Southgate, Arnos Grove station was designed by the London Underground's master architect of the interwar period, Charles Holden.

Arnos Grove Tube Station, LondonArnos Grove was built in 1932, a year before Southgate, and they bear some resemblance to each other with the circular nature of the structure.

And while I liked the lighting at Southgate, it was this bench on the platform at Arnos Grove which attracted my camera lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment