Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Centenary Hall, Melbourne Showgrounds

Centenary Hall, Melbourne ShowgroundsI went to the Royal Melbourne Show yesterday for the first time in yonks. I remember the first time I went was Grand Final day 1975 with my parents. It was our first year in Australia and we choose the Show over the footy. I've never made that mistake again.

The Show was good fun and in a first for me I watched the dog judging because friends of mine were showing their Briards and they all won prizes.

Next door to the Dog Pavilion is Centenary Hall. It was opened during the 1934 Show to commemorate the Centenary of Victoria that year.

In 2005, the State Government restored Centenary Hall as part of a wider redevelopment of the Showgrounds.

Centenary Hall, Melbourne Showgrounds

No comments:

Post a Comment