The Perth Girls' School was built in 1936 and was awarded a RIBA Bronze Medal in 1939. The school was designed in the Western Australian Public Works Department under principal architect A E Clare.
The school closed in 1962 with the Police Department taking over the building early in 1963, staying until 1966 when a new Police Headquarters was constructed. The former school is still used by the Police Traffic Department.
Register of Heritage Places - Assessment Documentation: Perth Girls' School (fmr), East Perth, 28 Feb 1995
2 hours ago