The Wade Hotel in Leeton is named after Leslie Augustus Burton Wade (1864-1915), a career engineer and public servant in the state of New South Wales.
By 1913, Wade was responsible for all irrigation programs in NSW and was based in Leeton overseeing the settlement and development of the Murrumbidgee Irrigation Area (MIA).
The pub that bears his name was built in 1937, designed by Sydney architects Rudder & Grant in conjunction with G W A Welch of Leeton. The main Deco detailing can be seen in the panels above the balcony overlooking Pine Avenue and on the Church Street side.
Leslie Augustus Burton Wade (1864-1915), Australian Dictionary of Biography
Leeton ~ Yango ~ Whitton - Heritage Trails Booklet, Leeton Shire Council, 2011