In 1940 a simple red brick building was constructed in Port Melbourne for Disco Manufacturing to provide car parts for General Motors Holden in nearby Fishermen's Bend.
The two storey building has a simple facade with a low stepped parapet directly about the front entrance. The Disco sign is above the loading bay entrance.
The building curves around the corner and looks quite elegant from this angle with its squat flagpole topping off the corner.
At a later stage, GMH took over the building for their Management and Technical Education Centre (MATEC) and now the main part of the building is used by Cambridge University Press.
danismm: 1957 Mercury Montclair Phaeton Sedan
29 minutes ago