Sunday, May 2, 2010
In 1933 that narrow facade was redeigned by architectural firm Philip Claridge in association by L Gregory Butler and Norman G Fisher producing a multitude of Art Deco features.
There is decorative metalwork above the top floor windows and bands of chevrons below the windows and across the top of the building. The very top of the facade has stylised floral forms on the edges of the parapet and in the stonework capping of the columns either side of the windows.
ADS Adelaide Chapter, Inaugural Adelaide CBD Walking Tour, April 2008.