St Mary the Virgin Anglican Church in South Perth.
According to the history of the church, the Church of England had land in South Perth as early as 1860 but it wasn't until 1895 that a weatherboard church was built south of Perth Water. The original land had been sold ten years earlier and thsi church was established on a block donated by politian and newspaper owner J Winthorp Hackett.
At that time a new block of land was purchased, again on top of a hill, and a the design for a new church was commissioned from architect Herbert Parry. The foundation stone was laid on 3 May 1931.
In 1936 a parish hall was built next door to the church..
The hall was extended in 1956 but the concrete front remains unchanged except for a lick of green paint to bring out the recessed lines.