Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Art Deco Apartments, London

riverside02This is one of those cases where I've come across a folder with some pictures of a wonderful but if I ever knew exactly what the building is called then it is long since lost.

I can tell you that this block of apartments is in North London, around the Finchley or Hampstead area I think.

The set of photos is called Riverside so I presume that is the name of the apartments or the street.

Can anyone help?

[Scroll down to see the doors and you'll really want to find out where this building is]

Art Deco Apartments, London

Art Deco Apartments, London

9 comments:

  1. The doors are wonderful. I've not seen similar before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Australia we tend to see the gazelles in gates rather than doors. I see this as more of a French deco style but it is also seen in American buildings as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want these doors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes ... but how would you get them home on the Tube!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi David, Great photos-Any idea what road runs past this block by any chance? This block was featured in a movie going back to 1956 and I'm trying to "nail" this location!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry. I've been looking for a while to identify these apartments myself with no success.

      Delete
  6. Hi David, Success! Address is (I'm 99% certain) 15 Riverside Drive, Golders Green Rd, NW11

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect. I can see it on Google StreetView. The building has Riverside Drive on the front above the entrance and I can just make out the gazelles above the hedge. A bit further out than my Finchley/Hampstead estimation more Golders Green/Brent Cross.

      Delete
    2. If you are looking for them on a map they are just off Golders Green Road, opposite Sinclair Grove in North London (NW11)

      Delete