T&G Building dominated the Melbourne Skyline. It is still a landmark but no longer the city's tallest building and no longer housing the T&G Insurance Company.
The building was designed by Anketell & Kingsley Henderson and constructed during 1928-29. Around this time, Napier Waller completed a mural which still sits above the inner doorway at the Collins St entrance.
In the early 1990s, the upper floors of T&G Building was effectively gutted and the structure was incorporated into KPMG House by architects Meiter3.
The ground level Banking Chamber became the public face of the new combined building retaining many of the original features from the T&G Building including the glass dome which is lit in a rotating sequence of colours using fibre optics.Melbourne Open House 2009.