Cenotaph in St James Park, Hawthorn was dedicated in March 1929, originally, for those who lost their lives serving in WWI. The dedication reads ...
Erected by the citizens of Hawthorn and dedicated to the memory of their fellow citizens who fought in the Great War
Inscriptions have been added to cover WWI and conflicts in Korea, Malaysia and Vietnam.
On each face there is a relief sculpture of an oil lamp with three of the sides bearing the words PEACE, DUTY and VALOUR with the fourth face bearing the years of the First World War, 1914 - 1918.
War Memorials in Australia website
A bit of environmental outrage
1 hour ago